Family Medicine Jobs in Virginia
Friday · January 18, 2019
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: The exquisite yet typical autumn scenery of Virginia.
This family medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Galax) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Carilion Clinic Family Medicine - Galax has an opening for a full-time Family Medicine Physician to join their outpatient only practice of 2 physicians and 3 advanced clinical practitioners in Galax, Virginia.
- Abms/AOA-BC/BE in Family Medicine, with plan in place to sit for Boards.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals witih Disabilities.
- This network of 700+ multi-specialty physicians in over 70 specialties offers Carilion physicians faster access to patient information and history with a sophisticated, fully integrated electronic medical record system (Epic) and excellent access to subspecialty consultation.
- The area offers an unparalleled range of outdoor recreation, including golfing, fishing, hunting, tubing, canoeing, kayaking and hiking.
- Eligible for unrestricted Virginia medical license and DEA.
- Our medical home approach to primary care lets you focus your energy on the highest risk patients while the electronic medical record enables seamless coordination with Carilion's specialist.
- Galax is a charming small town rich with heritage located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Graduating residents encouraged.
- The scenic New River, one of the oldest rivers in the world, flows nearby.
- Surrounded by large city amenities with Winston-Salem, NC located only 1 hr southwest of Galax, Charlotte, NC 1 hours south, and Roanoke, VA 2 hours northeast.
- It is an ideal setting for outdoor enthusiasts and adventure lovers who will enjoy all four seasons.
- Galax offers a family-oriented atmosphere, affordable real estate, low cost of living, and excellent educational opportunities.
- The practice is further enhanced by a sophisticated EMR (Epic), centralized patient registration and billing.
- Galax is also home to the largest Old Time Bluegrass International Fiddler's Convention and the Blue Ridge Music Center.
- Carilion Clinic is the largest not-for-profit integrated health system serving nearly one million people in Western Virginia, with eight hospitals, 220+ physician practice locations, and 25 GME programs.
- Work and enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle in a place where the people are friendly and the community is safe.
- Team player, highly motivated,.
- Individuals looking for job-sharing opportunities are also welcomed, and we are extremely flexible and open-minded to individuals potentially looking for these type of arrangements.
- The City of Galax is a trail-head for the New River Trail: a 57 mile linear "Rails to Trails" recreational path ideal for horseback riding, hiking and bicycling.
- Additional incentives available for this position.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Galax, VA.
- The practice houses an impressive lab and x-ray equivalent to small hospital lab & xray departments, offering comprehensive lab services, digital xrays, ultrasound studies, stress testing, and bone density testing.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Jan 14.