Family Medicine Jobs in Virginia
Wednesday · June 19, 2019
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: The exquisite yet typical autumn scenery of Virginia.
This family medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Galax) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Individuals looking for job-sharing opportunities are also welcomed, and we are extremely flexible and open-minded to individuals potentially looking for these type of arrangements.
- The practice houses an impressive lab and x-ray equivalent to small hospital lab & xray departments, offering comprehensive lab services, digital xrays, ultrasound studies, stress testing, and bone density testing.
- Work and enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle in a place where the people are friendly and the community is safe.
- The practice is further enhanced by a sophisticated EMR (Epic), centralized patient registration and billing.
- Eligible for unrestricted Virginia medical license and DEA.
- Graduating residents encouraged.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals witih Disabilities.
- Team player, highly motivated,.
- Additional incentives available for this position.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Galax, VA.
- Galax offers a family-oriented atmosphere, affordable real estate, low cost of living, and excellent educational opportunities.
- This network of 700+ multi-specialty physicians in over 70 specialties offers Carilion physicians faster access to patient information and history with a sophisticated, fully integrated electronic medical record system (Epic) and excellent access to subspecialty consultation.
- The scenic New River, one of the oldest rivers in the world, flows nearby.
- Carilion Clinic Family Medicine - Galax has an opening for a full-time Family Medicine Physician to join their outpatient only practice of 2 physicians and 3 advanced clinical practitioners in Galax, Virginia.
- Our medical home approach to primary care lets you focus your energy on the highest risk patients while the electronic medical record enables seamless coordination with Carilion's specialist.
- Galax is also home to the largest Old Time Bluegrass International Fiddler's Convention and the Blue Ridge Music Center.
- The City of Galax is a trail-head for the New River Trail: a 57 mile linear "Rails to Trails" recreational path ideal for horseback riding, hiking and bicycling.
- The area offers an unparalleled range of outdoor recreation, including golfing, fishing, hunting, tubing, canoeing, kayaking and hiking.
- Abms/AOA-BC/BE in Family Medicine, with plan in place to sit for Boards.
- It is an ideal setting for outdoor enthusiasts and adventure lovers who will enjoy all four seasons.
- Galax is a charming small town rich with heritage located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Carilion Clinic is the largest not-for-profit integrated health system serving nearly one million people in Western Virginia, with eight hospitals, 220+ physician practice locations, and 25 GME programs.
- Surrounded by large city amenities with Winston-Salem, NC located only 1 hr southwest of Galax, Charlotte, NC 1 hours south, and Roanoke, VA 2 hours northeast.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Jan 14.