Family Medicine Jobs in Virginia
Wednesday · March 20, 2019
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: The exquisite yet typical autumn scenery of Virginia.
This family medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Galax) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Additional incentives available for this position.
- Galax is a charming small town rich with heritage located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Carilion Clinic is the largest not-for-profit integrated health system serving nearly one million people in Western Virginia, with eight hospitals, 220+ physician practice locations, and 25 GME programs.
- Individuals looking for job-sharing opportunities are also welcomed, and we are extremely flexible and open-minded to individuals potentially looking for these type of arrangements.
- This network of 700+ multi-specialty physicians in over 70 specialties offers Carilion physicians faster access to patient information and history with a sophisticated, fully integrated electronic medical record system (Epic) and excellent access to subspecialty consultation.
- Eligible for unrestricted Virginia medical license and DEA.
- Work and enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle in a place where the people are friendly and the community is safe.
- Surrounded by large city amenities with Winston-Salem, NC located only 1 hr southwest of Galax, Charlotte, NC 1 hours south, and Roanoke, VA 2 hours northeast.
- The scenic New River, one of the oldest rivers in the world, flows nearby.
- The practice houses an impressive lab and x-ray equivalent to small hospital lab & xray departments, offering comprehensive lab services, digital xrays, ultrasound studies, stress testing, and bone density testing.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals witih Disabilities.
- Galax offers a family-oriented atmosphere, affordable real estate, low cost of living, and excellent educational opportunities.
- It is an ideal setting for outdoor enthusiasts and adventure lovers who will enjoy all four seasons.
- Galax is also home to the largest Old Time Bluegrass International Fiddler's Convention and the Blue Ridge Music Center.
- Our medical home approach to primary care lets you focus your energy on the highest risk patients while the electronic medical record enables seamless coordination with Carilion's specialist.
- The City of Galax is a trail-head for the New River Trail: a 57 mile linear "Rails to Trails" recreational path ideal for horseback riding, hiking and bicycling.
- Abms/AOA-BC/BE in Family Medicine, with plan in place to sit for Boards.
- Carilion Clinic Family Medicine - Galax has an opening for a full-time Family Medicine Physician to join their outpatient only practice of 2 physicians and 3 advanced clinical practitioners in Galax, Virginia.
- The area offers an unparalleled range of outdoor recreation, including golfing, fishing, hunting, tubing, canoeing, kayaking and hiking.
- Team player, highly motivated,.
- Graduating residents encouraged.
- The practice is further enhanced by a sophisticated EMR (Epic), centralized patient registration and billing.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Galax, VA.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Jan 14.